Thursday, February 23, 2012

Slide shows and Photo Galleries

Hello there!

For this assignment we were asked to find 2 slide shows and 1 photo gallery and figure out how well they work as story telling tools.

The first slide show I found had no sound and it was titled "The Worlds Best Beers." It's the kind of slide show that you have to click through and read what it is all about.

I felt like it was interesting to see what beers made the list and it was very informative about the individual kinds of beers. However I think not having to click through it would have made it easier to look at.

The next slide show had audio and was titled "Human Planet." It was basically pictures that this photographer took around the world and he was narrating through the pictures.

It was very informative and I liked the narrated feel of the slide show.

The photo gallery I chose was one that had photos of the Northeast Kingdom. There were no descriptions with the pictures which was kind of a down fall.

I feel like the slide show with audio did the best job telling the story. It had some natural sound which made me enjoy watching and it helped me understand what was going.

 The other slide show was fine, it just wasn't as engaging and made me loose interest more quickly. As for the photo gallery I didn't really feel like it was telling me a story of any kind.

Here are the links!

Slide show with out sound-

http://www.cnbc.com/id/46327587/?slide=1

Slide show with sound-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-12618167

Photo Gallery-

http://www.linkvermont.com/photogalleries/Northeast%20Kingdom%20Photo%20Gallery/lakewilloghby_cottages.htm


-The Ginger Journo :)



No comments:

Post a Comment